* Supported SATA RAID controllers
@ 2003-09-23 17:35 Måns Rullgård
From: Måns Rullgård @ 2003-09-23 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I'm looking for some SATA RAID controller supported by Linux.  I want
a real hardware RAID, not just a label.  So far, I've seen 3ware and
Adaptec have some boards that seem to be supported.

Now the question is, will any of these work in a non-intel machine?
If I configure the array on a PC, will it still be accessible on an
Alpha machine?

What about status monitoring?  Do those cards support standard things,
like SMART?

I happen to have an Alpha machine with 64-bit PCI, so it would make a
nice file server with one of those cards.

I've tried mailing 3ware, but they don't seem to reply.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@users.sf.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-23 17:36 UTC | newest]