lttng-dev.lists.lttng.org archive mirror
* Re: 回复:Re:  documentation about CTF event payload
       [not found] <tencent_5F6B34D931D7AD241AA8EF79@qq.com>
@ 2019-11-26 14:47 ` Mathieu Desnoyers
       [not found] ` <733360507.225.1574779654690.JavaMail.zimbra@efficios.com>
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2019-11-26 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 杨海; +Cc: lttng-dev

(adding back lttng-dev in CC for the benefit of others)

Whenever possible, we try to augment the trace data with such additional
information at post-processing, because capturing it at run-time repeatedly ends
up being costly.

The lttng-analyses project contains state tracker which augment the trace data
with mapping from file descriptor to corresponding file names (see lttnganalyses/linuxautomaton/io.py).
I'm not sure if the Trace Compass project models this mapping between file descriptors and their
associated file, but if not, it would be an *extremely* useful addition.

lttng-modules already dumps the information needed to create that model:

- lttng_statedump_file_descriptor dumps all existing file descriptors for all processes,
- a few system calls (open, dup, dup2, dup3, close, clone(see CLONE_FILES flag), fork,
fcntl(cmd==F_DUPFD)) allow tracking the file descriptor table state changes during the trace.

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.

@ 2019-12-02  2:16   ` 杨海
From: 杨海 @ 2019-12-02  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Desnoyers; +Cc: lttng-dev

Thanks&nbsp;Mathieu. If I understand correctly, lttng-modules output necessary information as&nbsp;lttng_statedump_file_descriptor, and it is a part of CTF. But when babeltrace parse CTF, it does not process those information.
lttng-analyses is post-processing python scripts while babeltrace is realtime C parser.
If we decide to extend babeltrace to support the filename-fd mapping like iolog functionality in lttng-analyses, any recommendation?

Regards
Hai
&nbsp;

------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------

From: &nbsp;"杨海"<hai.yang@magic-shield.com&gt;;
Date: &nbsp;Mon, Nov 18, 2019 09:54 AM
To: &nbsp;"lttng-dev"<lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org&gt;;
Subject: &nbsp;documentation about CTF event payload

&nbsp;
Hi

As LTTng generated CTF and babeltrace parse it, we have the output as attached. We saw events such as sched_switch, but the payload cannot be understood easily. Where we can find the document to explain the LTTng payload and parameters?

Regards
Hai

Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.
http://www.efficios.com

--

Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.
http://www.efficios.com

* Any tips to retrieve the relationship between socket-related processes
       [not found] ` <733360507.225.1574779654690.JavaMail.zimbra@efficios.com>
@ 2020-01-16  6:21   ` 杨海
From: 杨海 @ 2020-01-16  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev