lttng-dev.lists.lttng.org archive mirror
* Re: Any tips to retrieve the relationship between socket-related processes
@ 2020-01-20  2:06 杨海
From: 杨海 @ 2020-01-20  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev

Spam detection software, running on the system "ciao.gmane.io",
has identified this incoming email as possible spam.  The original
message has been attached to this so you can view it or label
@@CONTACT_ADDRESS@@ for details.

Content preview:  Hello, I read this article and want to know whether it is
  true that UDP cannot be synchronized between traces and experimental branch
   is needed to get the below-mentioned issue resolved. http://archive.eclip
   [...]

 pts rule name              description
 0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED          ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
                            blocked.  See
                            http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
                             for more information.
                            [URIs: eclipse.org]
 0.3 URIBL_RHS_DOB          Contains an URI of a new domain (Day Old Bread)
                            [URIs: magic-shield.com]
 2.4 RCVD_IN_SORBS_SOCKS    RBL: SORBS: sender is open SOCKS proxy
                            server
                            [59.36.132.88 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
 2.5 RCVD_IN_SORBS_HTTP     RBL: SORBS: sender is open HTTP proxy server
 0.6 HK_RANDOM_ENVFROM      Envelope sender username looks random
-0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS          SPF: HELO matches SPF record
-0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
 0.2 HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level
                            mail domains are different
 0.0 HTML_NONELEMENT_30_40  BODY: 30% to 40% of HTML elements are
                            non-standard
-1.0 MAILING_LIST_MULTI     Multiple indicators imply a widely-seen list
                            manager
 0.1 FROM_EXCESS_BASE64     From: base64 encoded unnecessarily
 0.0 MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER  Message-Id was added by a relay

The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.

[-- Attachment #2: original message before SpamAssassin --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 267035 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2345 bytes --]

Hello,

I read this article and want to know whether it is true that UDP cannot be synchronized between traces and experimental branch is needed to get the below-mentioned issue resolved.
http://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/org.eclipse.tracecompass.doc.user/Trace-synchronization.html#Trace_synchronization

Regards
Hai

From: &nbsp;"杨海"<hai.yang@magic-shield.com&gt;;
Date: &nbsp;Thu, Jan 16, 2020 02:21 PM
To: &nbsp;"lttng-dev"<lttng-dev@lists.lttng.org&gt;;

Subject: &nbsp;Any tips to retrieve the relationship between socket-related processes

&nbsp;

Hello,

Below briefly describe our question, hope to know how it can be supported by Lttng, babeltrace, analyses etc.

## IPC Trace:
### What we are doing:
We are trying to use lttng to find some IPC trace

### How we did:
Open Lttng first,then ran server(pid = 1812) and client(pid = 1819) and collect trace.
Client would send message to server and server would just echo what it received from client. They talk with each other by file "/tmp/python_unix_sockets_example".
Scripts can be found here: https://github.com/Aaron0813/LinuxAPTLog/tree/master/socket_AF_UNIX
Trace Link: https://github.com/Aaron0813/LinuxAPTLog/tree/master/socket_AF_UNIX/with_pid_03

###&nbsp; Trace Analysis(Lttng-analysis IO)
1. sshd transmit data:Since we were using ssh to connect server and client, that's why we can see this trace
2. 1819 client: read data from tty
3. 1819 client: send data by socket
4. 1819 client: send data by tty and ssh
5. 1812 server: send data to tty
6. 1812 server: receive data from client
7. Gsd-color gnome: do some display
8. A new round cycle starts after blue line

### Conclusion
In Lttng-Analysis' log:
1. Could not find any trace that related to /tmp/python_unix_sockets_example(we are using this file to communicate)
2. Could not find any relationship that can help us determine whether several processes are communicating

As for babeltrace log,we can only locate and understand the communication processes between server and client with the help of "/tmp/python_unix_sockets_example". However, we cannot find anything that can let us know that these two processes are communicating.

Regards
Hai