lustre-devel-lustre.org archive mirror
* [lustre-devel] LDLM behaviour question
@ 2021-03-08 14:09 Degremont, Aurelien via lustre-devel
From: Degremont, Aurelien via lustre-devel @ 2021-03-08 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lustre Development List

Hi all,

I was not able to find a document giving this level of detail of LDLM behavior.
I have a basic question regarding compatibility between IBITS lock for the same fid.

Is it possible for the same MDT to lock the same FID, with 2 IBITS lock, with different bits? (ie: UPDATE vs LAYOUT)
What's the behavior is not working?

Second question: what happen when you call multiple times mdt_object_lock() for the same fid/same bits on the same MDT?

Thanks

Aurélien

* Re: [lustre-devel] LDLM behaviour question
@ 2021-03-12  4:36 ` Alexey Lyashkov via lustre-devel
From: Alexey Lyashkov via lustre-devel @ 2021-03-12  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Degremont, Aurelien; +Cc: Lustre Development List