lvfs-announce.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Lvfs-announce] Migrating legacy groups to vendor-id restricted (2)
@ 2021-02-26  8:40 Richard Hughes
From: Richard Hughes @ 2021-02-26  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lvfs-announce

Hi all,

In September I announced I was making all the embargo remotes require
a vendor ID. This happened as planned, and now I'm doing the same for
the public remotes. See
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lvfs-announce/2020-September/000049.html
for more information about what was required and why we're making the
LVFS more secure.

If you've accidentally forgotten to tell me your vendor IDs, or if you
need additional vendor IDs added to your account please email me. I
can make vendor-id changes immediately with no firmware or code
changes required. If you get any errors while testing firmware like:

Not compatible with vendor: failed predicate:
[XXX:NEVER_GOING_TO_MATCH eq ATA:0x14A4]
(for old versions of fwupd)

Metadata has no vendor ID
Not compatible with vendor ATA:0x14A4: got ATA:0x1523
(for newer versions)

...then please send me an email with the error message and the output
of "fwupdmgr get-devices --verbose".

Many thanks,

Richard.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-26  8:40 UTC | newest]