netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* gretap tunnel redirecting 2 different networks on destination host
@ 2018-04-01 17:48 Marc Roos
From: Marc Roos @ 2018-04-01 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

How can I get the 10.11.12.x traffic received on tun1 at server B to
eth2?

I have a server A that sends 172.16.1.x and 10.11.12.x traffic via a
gretab tunnel 192.168.1.x to server B.

            +-------------+                             +------------+
 172.16.1.x |      B      |                             |      A     |
     -------|eth1         |         192.168.1.x GRETAP  |            |
 10.11.12.x |             |                             |            |

When I put the tun1 interface of server B in a bridge with eth1 I am
able to ping several 172.16.1.x ip's from server A. And communication on
this network seems to be ok

- I cannot put eth2 on the same bridge.
- I thought of creating a 2nd gretab tunnel and use each tunnel for a
network, but I think there is probably a better solution.