netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: [net-next v4 0/3] Refactor vxlan and l2tp to use common UDP tunnel APIs
       [not found] <1409817462-7957-1-git-send-email-azhou@nicira.com>
@ 2014-09-06  0:19 ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2014-09-06  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: azhou; +Cc: netdev

From: Andy Zhou <azhou@nicira.com>
Date: Thu,  4 Sep 2014 00:57:39 -0700

> Andy Zhou (3):
>   udp-tunnel: Expand UDP tunnel APIs
>   vxlan: Refactor vxlan driver to make use of the common UDP tunnel
>     functions.
>   l2tp: Refactor l2tp core driver to make use of the common UDP tunnel
>        functions

Way too many ifdefs in *.c code, and your indentation is not correct.
For function calls that span multiple lines, you must start the second
and subsequent lines exactly at the first column after the openning
parenthesis of the first line.  You must use the appropriate number of
TAB and SPACE characters necessary to do so.  If you are indenting these
lines only using TAB characters, you are very likely doing it wrong.

Thanks.

* Re: [net-next v4 0/3] Refactor vxlan and l2tp to use common UDP tunnel APIs
@ 2014-09-09  7:49   ` Andy Zhou
From: Andy Zhou @ 2014-09-09  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: netdev

Hi, David, thanks for the review. I have fixed the indentations for
functions as you pointed out.

I also plan to improve ifdefs in udp_tunnel.c in the next patch per
your suggestion.

However, vxlan.c and l2tp_core.c have many pre-exsisting ifdefs
(basically for CONFIG_IPV6). I am not sure if it make sense to remove
-- The readability may only improve marginally, if at all.  My patch
does not add new ones, but may move existing ones around as part of
re-factoring, I don't plan to make more changes to ,u current patch
series.

In case you still feel strongly we should clean up existing ifdefs
from vxlan.c and l2tp_core.c, I'd suggest that we work on separate
patches to deal with them. Does this make sense?

Andy