netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* rx-over-length stats problem with e100
@ 2012-02-16  0:57 Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2012-02-16  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev, e1000-devel list

While testing my rx-all patches, I triggered a code branch
that caused the rx_over_length_errors counter to increment
in the e100_rx_indicate path (it can already increment there
w/out my patch, it appears).

The problem is that then the stats go weird because the code in
e100_update_stats adds the total rx_over_length_errors each time
it's called, and does not reset the rx_over_length_errors to zero:

		ns->rx_length_errors += le32_to_cpu(s->rx_short_frame_errors) +
			nic->rx_over_length_errors;

So, should we zero out that counter after reading it (although that
might race)?  Any idea how this is supposed to work?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-02-16  0:57 UTC | newest]