netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Hack bench regression with CONFIG_SLUB_CPU_PARTIAL disabled (info only)
@ 2013-07-25  8:00 Raghavendra K T
From: Raghavendra K T @ 2013-07-25  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev, linux-kernel
  Cc: David S. Miller, Eric W. Biederman, Eric Dumazet, Al Viro, Gao feng

Hi,

While testing hackbench with 3.11-rc1 I observed hackbench testcase
took too long to complete (32 vcpu kvm guest on 32 core HT off machine).

hackbench 1x degraded by 3 time (40sec vs 112sec)
hackbench 2x degraded by around 20time (90sec vs 1800 sec)

When I bisected, I found that I had CONFIG_SLUB_CPU_PARTIAL
accidentally disabled.
I understand that  CONFIG_SLUB_CPU_PARTIAL=y by default and the config
option is to provide determinism for RT kernels and thus it is not a
problem.
But thought of sharing this here so that if somebody runs into same
issue accidently, it would save their time.