netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* ss --vsock list peer endpoint by vm name/pid?
@ 2019-01-14 19:51 Brian Kroth
From: Brian Kroth @ 2019-01-14 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi all, I'm trying to do some development with the AF_VSOCKs.  When a
VM connects to an endpoint in the host, I'd like to be able to resolve
the peer CID endpoint to a VM name, or even better its process id.
I've tried using getsockopt SO_VM_SOCKETS_PEER_HOST_VM_ID, but the
value returned is just an int that I can't seem to correlate with any
VM lookup table I can find.  This question is probably a cross between
the qemu/kvm (the hypervisor I'm using atm) side and the vsock side,
but given the ss utility from the iproute2 package has at least
partial support for enumerating details about active vsock connections
(cid) I thought I'd start here.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-01-14 19:51 UTC | newest]