netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Question about ICMPv6 parameter problem
@ 2020-06-04  4:52 강유건
From: 강유건 @ 2020-06-04  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: 김주연

Hi

I'm testing linux kernels(v5.7, v4.19, ...) to get ipv6ready logo certificate.

The reason why I am writing this mail is to inquire about the failed test case.

In the test case, It appears to be verifying the following clause.

RFC8200/page-21
( https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8200#page-21 )
      o  If the first fragment does not include all headers through an
         Upper-Layer header, then that fragment should be discarded and
         an ICMP Parameter Problem, Code 3, message should be sent to
         the source of the fragment, with the Pointer field set to zero.

And it failed because the kernel does not send a parameter problem.

I checked that only codes 0, 1, and 2 are defined for the parameter
problem in RFC4443 and header directory.
( https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4443#page-12
/include/uapi/linux/icmpv6.h )

And I found that the code for the parameter problem is defined from 0
to 10 on the IANA website.
( https://www.iana.org/assignments/icmpv6-parameters/icmpv6-parameters.xhtml#icmpv6-parameters-codes-5
)

In conclusion my question is as follows.
Why are the codes on IANA not implemented? Is it under discussion?
If it's being implemented, can you tell me when it will be completed?

Thank you!

-- Yugeon Kang

강 유 건 사원

펌킨네트웍스㈜ 개발1팀

08380 서울시 구로구 디지털로31길 20 에이스테크노타워 5차 405호

Direct: 070-4263-9937

Mobile: 010-9887-3517

E-mail: yugun819@pumpkinnet.com

Tel: 02-863-9380, Fax: 02-2109-6675

www.pumpkinnet.co.kr

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-04  4:52 UTC | newest]