netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Off Topic: Request for Old Hardware
@ 2014-09-23 18:56 tedheadster
From: tedheadster @ 2014-09-23 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

If you have an ancient dual-processor 80486 system, please email me
off-list. Yes, a few of these did indeed exist.

- Matt

* Re: Off Topic: Request for Old Hardware
@ 2014-10-05 11:23 ` Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2014-10-05 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: whiteheadm; +Cc: netdev

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014, tedheadster wrote:

> If you have an ancient dual-processor 80486 system, please email me
> off-list. Yes, a few of these did indeed exist.

 The 82489DX discrete APIC was originally designed for 80486 SMP systems
and Intel's Multiprocessor Specification explicitly provided for such
configurations.  Unfortunately I was never able to track down such a
system to experiment with it and possibly make it work with Linux.  Good
luck with finding one these days!

  Maciej