netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: [Patch v4 net-next 0/7] ethtool support for fec and link configuration
@ 2021-02-10 17:06 Hariprasad Kelam
From: Hariprasad Kelam @ 2021-02-10 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Kicinski
  Cc: netdev, linux-kernel, davem, willemdebruijn.kernel, andrew,
	Sunil Kovvuri Goutham, Linu Cherian, Geethasowjanya Akula,
	Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran, Subbaraya Sundeep Bhatta

Hi Jakub,

Get supports multi modes such that user can select one of the modes to advertise.
For time being set only supports single mode. Do let me know if you want me to
Add this in commit description.

Thanks,
Hariprasad k

* Re: [Patch v4 net-next 0/7] ethtool support for fec and link configuration
@ 2021-02-10 19:50 ` Jakub Kicinski
From: Jakub Kicinski @ 2021-02-10 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hariprasad Kelam
  Cc: netdev, linux-kernel, davem, willemdebruijn.kernel, andrew,

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 17:06:29 +0000 Hariprasad Kelam wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 16:05:24 +0530 Hariprasad Kelam wrote:
> > > v4:
> > > 	- Corrected indentation issues
> > > 	- Use FEC_OFF if user requests for FEC_AUTO mode
> > > 	- Do not clear fec stats in case of user changes
> > > 	  fec mode
> > > 	- dont hide fec stats depending on interface mode
> > > 	  selection
> >
> > What about making autoneg modes symmetric between set and get?
>
> Get supports multi modes such that user can select one of the modes
> to advertise. For time being set only supports single mode. Do let me
> know if you want me to Add this in commit description.

You use the same code for supported and advertising.
Please add a check that there is only one advertising mode
reported so we don't have to take your word for it.

Thanks.

* Re: [Patch v4 net-next 0/7] ethtool support for fec and link configuration
@ 2021-02-09 18:26 ` Jakub Kicinski
From: Jakub Kicinski @ 2021-02-09 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hariprasad Kelam
  Cc: netdev, linux-kernel, davem, willemdebruijn.kernel, andrew,
	sgoutham, lcherian, gakula, jerinj, sbhatta

@ 2021-02-09 10:35 Hariprasad Kelam
From: Hariprasad Kelam @ 2021-02-09 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev, linux-kernel
  Cc: kuba, davem, willemdebruijn.kernel, andrew, sgoutham, lcherian,
	gakula, jerinj, sbhatta, hkelam

This series of patches add support for forward error correction(fec) and
physical link configuration. Patches 1&2 adds necessary mbox handlers for fec
mode configuration request and to fetch stats. Patch 3 registers driver
callbacks for fec mode configuration and display. Patch 4&5 adds support of mbox
handlers for configuring link parameters like speed/duplex and autoneg etc.
Patche 6&7 registers driver callbacks for physical link configuration.

Change-log:
v2:
	- Fixed review comments
	- Corrected indentation issues
        - Return -ENOMEM incase of mbox allocation failure
	- added validation for input fecparams bitmask values
        - added more comments

V3:
	- Removed inline functions
        - Make use of ethtool helpers APIs to display supported
          advertised modes
        - corrected indentation issues
        - code changes such that return early in case of failure
          to aid branch prediction
v4:
	- Corrected indentation issues
	- Use FEC_OFF if user requests for FEC_AUTO mode
	- Do not clear fec stats in case of user changes
	  fec mode
	- dont hide fec stats depending on interface mode
	  selection

Christina Jacob (6):
  octeontx2-af: forward error correction configuration
  octeontx2-pf: ethtool fec mode support
  octeontx2-af: Physical link configuration support
  octeontx2-af: advertised link modes support on cgx
  octeontx2-pf: ethtool physical link status
  octeontx2-pf: ethtool physical link configuration

Felix Manlunas (1):
  octeontx2-af: Add new CGX_CMD to get PHY FEC statistics

 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/cgx.c    | 258 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/cgx.h    |  10 +
 .../net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/cgx_fw_if.h  |  70 +++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/mbox.h   |  89 ++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/rvu.h    |   4 +
 .../net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/rvu_cgx.c    |  82 +++++
 .../ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/nic/otx2_common.c   |  20 ++
 .../ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/nic/otx2_common.h   |   6 +
 .../ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/nic/otx2_ethtool.c  | 381 ++++++++++++++++++++-
 .../net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/nic/otx2_pf.c   |   3 +

2.7.4