netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* num_ostreams and max_instreams negotiation
@ 2020-08-14 10:50 David Laight
From: David Laight @ 2020-08-14 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sctp; +Cc: netdev

At some point the negotiation of the number of SCTP streams
seems to have got broken.
I've definitely tested it in the past (probably 10 years ago!)
but on a 5.8.0 kernel getsockopt(SCTP_INFO) seems to be
returning the 'num_ostreams' set by setsockopt(SCTP_INIT)
rather than the smaller of that value and that configured
at the other end of the connection.

I'll do a bit of digging.

	David

-
Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)

* RE: num_ostreams and max_instreams negotiation
@ 2020-08-14 12:41 ` David Laight
From: David Laight @ 2020-08-14 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Laight, linux-sctp; +Cc: netdev

> At some point the negotiation of the number of SCTP streams
> seems to have got broken.
> I've definitely tested it in the past (probably 10 years ago!)
> but on a 5.8.0 kernel getsockopt(SCTP_INFO) seems to be
> returning the 'num_ostreams' set by setsockopt(SCTP_INIT)
> rather than the smaller of that value and that configured
> at the other end of the connection.
>
> I'll do a bit of digging.

I can't find the code that processes the init_ack.
But when sctp_procss_int() saves the smaller value
in asoc->c.sinint_max_ostreams.

But afe899962ee079 (if I've typed it right) changed
the values SCTP_INFO reported.
Apparantly adding 'sctp reconfig' had changed things.

So I suspect this has all been broken for over 3 years.

	David

-
Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)