netfilter-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [IPTABLES] Module ipt_same
@ 2015-07-31  5:24 Alex william
From: Alex william @ 2015-07-31  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hello,

My objective is if ip A.A.A.A goes to B.B.B.B it is natted with IP X.X.X.X
then if A.A.A.A re-establishes a session with B.B.B.B it is natted with
the same IP X.X.X.X. According to my reseach the module ipt_same does
that:

SAME (IPv4-specific) Similar to SNAT/DNAT depending on chain: it takes a
range of addresses (`--to 1.2.3.4-1.2.3.7') and gives a client the same
source-/destination-address for each connection.

But seems like the module ipt_same is not available under iptables v1.4.21
Kernel: 3.16.7.

Are there any module available that can help achieve my objective?

Thanks.

Regards,
Kaviraj

* Re: [IPTABLES] Module ipt_same
@ 2015-08-10  9:55 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2015-08-10  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex william; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Friday 2015-07-31 07:24, Alex william wrote:

>Hello,
>
>My objective is if ip A.A.A.A goes to B.B.B.B it is natted with IP X.X.X.X
>then if A.A.A.A re-establishes a session with B.B.B.B it is natted with
>the same IP X.X.X.X. According to my reseach the module ipt_same does
>that:

Word on the street is that regular SNAT already does that, which is why
SAME is gone.

* Re: [IPTABLES] Module ipt_same
@ 2015-08-10 10:34   ` Alex william
From: Alex william @ 2015-08-10 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)