netfilter-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Undefined reference?
@ 2019-05-12  7:59 Stéphane Veyret
From: Stéphane Veyret @ 2019-05-12  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hello,

I am currently trying to add a new feature to nftables. I made
modifications on the kernel and updated a VM with this modified
kernel. I then made modifications on libnftnl, make && make install it
on this VM. I even made some tests which I managed to execute.

Now, I am trying to modify the nftables userspace tool. I had to set variables:
LIBNFTNL_CFLAGS="-g -O2"
LIBNFTNL_LIBS=$HOME/libnftnl/src/.libs/libnftnl.so ./configure
in order for configure to work, but it worked. But at linking time, I
get the following error for each nftnl_* function:
ld: ./.libs/libnftables.so: undefined reference to `nftnl_trace_free'

I tried to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib but it did not
change anything. Do you have an idea of what the problem is?

Regards,

Stéphane.