ocfs2-devel.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Ocfs2-devel] About the status of reflink-tools
@ 2021-01-29  2:59 Gang He
From: Gang He @ 2021-01-29  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocfs2-devel, ocfs2-tools

Hi Guys,

You know, ocfs2 reflink related utilities were maintained by a seperated project reflink-tools,
What is this project's status? e.g. who is maintaining it, where can we download the latest source code?

Thanks
Gang

* Re: [Ocfs2-devel] About the status of reflink-tools
@ 2021-01-29  7:33 ` Herbert Van Den Bergh
From: Herbert Van Den Bergh @ 2021-01-29  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gang He; +Cc: ocfs2-tools, ocfs2-devel

Hi Gang,

The reflink functionality has been merged into the coreutils package/project. The cp command now has a —reflink option. Check it out. If this isn’t what you’re looking for, then please elaborate.

Thanks,
Herbert.

@ 2021-01-29  7:46   ` Gang He
From: Gang He @ 2021-01-29  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert Van Den Bergh; +Cc: ocfs2-tools, ocfs2-devel

Hi Herbert,

On 2021/1/29 15:33, Herbert Van Den Bergh wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> The reflink functionality has been merged into the coreutils package/project. The cp command now has a —reflink option. Check it out. If this isn’t what you’re looking for, then please elaborate.
For the other tools, e.g. shared-du, shared-filefrag, where do you
download the related source code? still coreutils? that means this part
code is included/maintained by coreutils project?

Thanks
Gang

@ 2021-01-29 18:34     ` Wengang Wang
From: Wengang Wang @ 2021-01-29 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocfs2-devel

On 1/28/21 11:46 PM, Gang He wrote:
> Hi Herbert,
>

> On 2021/1/29 15:33, Herbert Van Den Bergh wrote:
>> Hi Gang,
>>
>> The reflink functionality has been merged into the coreutils package/project. The cp command now has a —reflink option. Check it out. If this isn’t what you’re looking for, then please elaborate.
> For the other tools, e.g. shared-du, shared-filefrag, where do you
> download the related source code? still coreutils? that means this part
> code is included/maintained by coreutils project?

    $ rpm -qi reflink
    Name        : reflink
    Version     : 0.1.0
    Release     : 3.el7
    Architecture: x86_64
    Install Date: Mon 21 Sep 2020 05:57:56 PM GMT
    Group       : System Environment/Kernel
    Size        : 55003
    License     : GPL
    Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Sun 04 May 2014 06:33:00 AM GMT, Key ID
    72f97b74ec551f03
    Source RPM  : reflink-0.1.0-3.el7.src.rpm
    Build Date  : Sun 04 May 2014 06:32:55 AM GMT
    Build Host  : ca-build56.us.oracle.com
    Relocations : (not relocatable)
    Packager    : nobody <nobody@oracle.com>
    Vendor      : Oracle
    URL         : http://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=jlbec/reflink.git;a=summary
    Summary     : Tool to create reflinks on ocfs2/btrfs.
    Description :

    The reflink tool creates a reflink on an ocfs2 or a btrfs filesystem.

Maybe the URL part gives you some idea.

Cheers,
Wengang

@ 2021-02-01  3:42       ` Gang He
From: Gang He @ 2021-02-01  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocfs2-devel

Hi Wengang,

Thank for your information.
According to Darrick's mail, the reflink related tools have been merged
into coreutils project, that means we can forget reflink-tools project.

Thanks
Gang

@ 2021-02-01 17:20         ` Wengang Wang
From: Wengang Wang @ 2021-02-01 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gang He, ocfs2-devel

On 1/31/21 7:42 PM, Gang He wrote:
> Hi Wengang,
>
> Thank for your information.
> According to Darrick's mail, the reflink related tools have been merged
> into coreutils project, that means we can forget reflink-tools project.

OK, good to know.

Wengang