openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* OpenBMC Release Planning WG Kickoff Meeting
@ 2018-06-26 19:26 Kurt Taylor
From: Kurt Taylor @ 2018-06-26 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist, Mihm, James, Brad Bishop, sdasari,
	Ali Larijani, Nancy Yuen, Dick Wilkins

I still have not heard from Facebook or Microsoft, but the majority of
start there.

I will send email with the meeting info by tomorrow evening. I am stalling
in hopes that my webex account will be reactivated (it was disabled due to
a 2 week inactivity, sigh). If you have not replied, please do as I will
only invite those that reply (call info will not be made public).

I have created a wiki page for the agenda just as we have for the community
call, and I'll keep meeting minutes to send out on the list following the
meeting. Please add new agenda items in the backlog:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Release-Planning

The goal is to quickly produce a prioritized list of deliverables for our
first release this November. So, for this kickoff meeting, I'd like to see
the following:

1) Release planning representatives (primary contact)
2) Agreement on the release week in November (Nov 12-16)
3) Agreement on release numbering (OpenBMC 3.0)
4) Milestones, how many and when (design, code 1, code freeze)
5) Top 3 "Must deliver" items from each company

That is a very full agenda for an hour, so please be punctual as we will
dive right in at 3:00.

Regards,
Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

* Re: OpenBMC Release Planning WG Kickoff Meeting
@ 2018-06-26 21:01 ` Tao Ren
From: Tao Ren @ 2018-06-26 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kurt Taylor, OpenBMC Maillist, Mihm, James, Brad Bishop,
	Sai Dasari, Ali Larijani, Nancy Yuen, Dick Wilkins

Hi Kurt,

Sorry for the late response. Could you please include me in the meeting? I just realized Sai was out of office, and I will dial in if he cannot make it.

Thanks,

Tao (from Facebook)

From: openbmc <openbmc-bounces+taoren=fb.com@lists.ozlabs.org> on behalf of Kurt Taylor <kurt.r.taylor@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 12:27 PM
To: OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>, "Mihm, James" <james.mihm@intel.com>, Brad Bishop <bradleyb@fuzziesquirrel.com>, Sai Dasari <sdasari@fb.com>, Ali Larijani <alirhas@microsoft.com>, Nancy Yuen <yuenn@google.com>, Dick Wilkins <Dick_Wilkins@phoenix.com>
Subject: OpenBMC Release Planning WG Kickoff Meeting

I still have not heard from Facebook or Microsoft, but the majority of responses were for Thursday at 3:00pm Central US (2000 UTC) so we will start there.

@ 2018-06-26 21:51 ` Gunnar Mills
From: Gunnar Mills @ 2018-06-26 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kurt Taylor, OpenBMC Maillist, Mihm, James, Brad Bishop, sdasari,

On 6/26/2018 2:26 PM, Kurt Taylor wrote:

> I still have not heard from Facebook or Microsoft, but the majority of
> start there.

Please add me to the list.

> If you have not replied, please do as I will only invite those that
> reply (call info will not be made public).

Why not make the call info public?

Thanks,
Gunnar