openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* u-boot update for ast2600
@ 2021-04-21 23:50 Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2021-04-21 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist
  Cc: Klaus Heinrich Kiwi, Andrew Jeffery, Ryan Chen, Cédric Le Goater

Hello OpenBMCers who care about u-boot,

I've updated OpenBMC u-boot tree to use ASPEED's latest SDK,
v00.03.03. I've also applied the series to support for FIT
verification including use of the HACE to perform SHA hashing that
I've been working on with Klaus. The bump is here:

 https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/42502

I've sent a set of fixes backported from mainline to ASPEED for
merging in a future SDK release:

 https://github.com/AspeedTech-BMC/u-boot/pull/7

We still have a number of patches carried that are specific to
OpenBMC, and of course the new FIT and HACE support.

My focus is on supporting u-boot on ast2600 with eMMC. I test this
mostly in Qemu with Cédric's aspeed-6.0 branch:

https://github.com/shenki/qemu-boot-test/

I do  run u-boot from NOR on the ast2600a2 evb I have, but I would
encourage testing from others if they care about this platform setup
as it gets much less attention from me.

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: u-boot update for ast2600
@ 2021-04-22  1:26 ` Troy Lee
From: Troy Lee @ 2021-04-22  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley
  Cc: Klaus Heinrich Kiwi, Andrew Jeffery, OpenBMC Maillist, Ryan Chen,
	Cédric Le Goater

Hi Joel,

The 04/22/2021 07:50, Joel Stanley wrote:
> Hello OpenBMCers who care about u-boot,
>
> I've updated OpenBMC u-boot tree to use ASPEED's latest SDK,
> v00.03.03. I've also applied the series to support for FIT
> verification including use of the HACE to perform SHA hashing that
> I've been working on with Klaus. The bump is here:
>
>  https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/42502
>
> I've sent a set of fixes backported from mainline to ASPEED for
> merging in a future SDK release:
>
>  https://github.com/AspeedTech-BMC/u-boot/pull/7
>
> We still have a number of patches carried that are specific to
> OpenBMC, and of course the new FIT and HACE support.
>
> My focus is on supporting u-boot on ast2600 with eMMC. I test this
> mostly in Qemu with Cédric's aspeed-6.0 branch:
>
> https://github.com/shenki/qemu-boot-test/
>
> I do  run u-boot from NOR on the ast2600a2 evb I have, but I would
> encourage testing from others if they care about this platform setup
> as it gets much less attention from me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joel

I have a ast2600a2 evb configured with boot from eMMC, so I could help to
verify it.  Could you provid me the image or the instructions to build
it?

Thanks,
Troy Lee