openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* gpis definition in entity manager
@ 2019-04-04 23:17 Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-04-04 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: james.feist; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Hi James,
There are gpio definition in json files under configuration. How are we using it. Are these gpios being initialized based on configurations here and where are these being used.

Regards
-Vijay

* Re: gpis definition in entity manager
@ 2019-04-05 15:31 ` James Feist
From: James Feist @ 2019-04-05 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On 4/4/19 4:17 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> There are gpio definition in json files under configuration. How are we
> using it. Are these gpios being initialized based on configurations here
> and where are these being used.

There's two answers. 1. The entity-manager can export gipos:
https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/include/devices.hpp#L43

2. There is a gpio daemon that can configure gpios:
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/provingground/tree/master/gpiodaemon but
it's not completely ready yet.

Current usages include dbus-sensors
https://github.com/openbmc/dbus-sensors/blob/master/src/TachSensor.cpp#L201
https://github.com/openbmc/dbus-sensors/blob/master/src/ChassisIntrusionSensor.cpp#L175

and power control I believe. Theres also some ongoing work for fault
leds https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/intel-ipmi-oem/+/19709

-James

@ 2019-04-05 18:24   ` Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-04-05 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Feist; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Thanks James.

On 4/5/19, 8:32 AM, "James Feist" <james.feist@linux.intel.com> wrote:

    On 4/4/19 4:17 PM, Vijay Khemka wrote:
    > Hi James,
    >
    > There are gpio definition in json files under configuration. How are we
    > using it. Are these gpios being initialized based on configurations here
    > and where are these being used.

    There's two answers. 1. The entity-manager can export gipos:
    https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/include/devices.hpp#L43

    2. There is a gpio daemon that can configure gpios:
    https://github.com/Intel-BMC/provingground/tree/master/gpiodaemon but
    it's not completely ready yet.

    Current usages include dbus-sensors
    https://github.com/openbmc/dbus-sensors/blob/master/src/TachSensor.cpp#L201
    https://github.com/openbmc/dbus-sensors/blob/master/src/ChassisIntrusionSensor.cpp#L175

    and power control I believe. Theres also some ongoing work for fault
    leds https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gerrit.openbmc-2Dproject.xyz_c_openbmc_intel-2Dipmi-2Doem_-2B_19709&d=DwICaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=v9MU0Ki9pWnTXCWwjHPVgpnCR80vXkkcrIaqU7USl5g&m=Nj0NvY_nyfomDAeLgrpDr2-LxqTeWVYFrdf-zDaZfTA&s=a8h5uJrO1qKh8QcrzO01zqj6q7OrAPri9ah5_zQRynA&e=

    -James