openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Re: Pulling ipmb patch
       [not found] <C8678983-8901-4E16-94BB-6C6AF0959B62@fb.com>
@ 2020-01-06 23:08 ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2020-01-06 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Hi Vijay,

You sent this mail to the worng list. The linux-aspeed list is where
aspeed related patches for the mainline kernel should go. Instead use
the openbmc list for this kind of discussion.

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 at 20:58, Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka@fb.com> wrote:

> Can you please pull IPMB patches from Corey forNext tree as below into our LF kernel.

There is no such thing as a "LF kernel". Do you mean the openbmc kernel?

> We need this for ipmbbridge application.
>
> https://github.com/cminyard/linux-ipmi/commit/0d8633bf5311177c9a26d75daec677cd87e3261b#diff-7708853244e5bf8cd10d205ee1f5dc2c
> https://github.com/cminyard/linux-ipmi/commit/042f057fe2dcf38682d85d9f88df00d1a8d45dbd
> https://github.com/cminyard/linux-ipmi/commit/380665becdeeb4f455c23582b7f32e6b3cea27d2

I've applied these three. Well done for submitting them upstream first.

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: Pulling ipmb patch
@ 2020-01-06 23:41   ` Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2020-01-06 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On 1/6/20, 3:08 PM, "Joel Stanley" <joel@jms.id.au> wrote:

    Hi Vijay,

    You sent this mail to the worng list. The linux-aspeed list is where
    aspeed related patches for the mainline kernel should go. Instead use
    the openbmc list for this kind of discussion.

Sorry Joel, I will take care of this next time.

    On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 at 20:58, Vijay Khemka <vijaykhemka@fb.com> wrote:

    > Can you please pull IPMB patches from Corey forNext tree as below into our LF kernel.

    There is no such thing as a "LF kernel". Do you mean the openbmc kernel?

Yes I meant openbmc kernel.

    > We need this for ipmbbridge application.
    >
    > https://github.com/cminyard/linux-ipmi/commit/0d8633bf5311177c9a26d75daec677cd87e3261b#diff-7708853244e5bf8cd10d205ee1f5dc2c
    > https://github.com/cminyard/linux-ipmi/commit/042f057fe2dcf38682d85d9f88df00d1a8d45dbd
    > https://github.com/cminyard/linux-ipmi/commit/380665becdeeb4f455c23582b7f32e6b3cea27d2

    I've applied these three. Well done for submitting them upstream first.

Thanks

    Cheers,

    Joel