openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Test Case "Verify IPMI Root User Password Change" in openbmc-test-automation
@ 2019-12-05  2:35 Tony Lee (李文富)
From: Tony Lee (李文富) @ 2019-12-05  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rahul Maheshwari; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Rahul,

Reference to https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/issues/1920.

Case "Verify IPMI Root User Password Change" will change root user password and
unable to reset default password due to the length is limited to 8.
As a result, cases will also fail after this because the password has been changed to 0penBmc1.
Should we remove this test case? There seems to be no other way to fix it.

Thanks
Best Regards,
Tony

* Re: Test Case "Verify IPMI Root User Password Change" in openbmc-test-automation
@ 2019-12-05  9:46 ` Rahul Maheshwari
From: Rahul Maheshwari @ 2019-12-05  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lee (李文富); +Cc: openbmc

Hi Tony,
We have also faced the same problem. So to avoid such problems, we decided
to set BMC password to 8 characters length before running our bucket. As
far as skipping such test case, we can do that by using
`-e Verify_IPMI_Root_User_Password_Change` while running.

Example:
robot -v OPENBMC_HOST:x.x.x.x -e Verify_IPMI_Root_User_Password_Change
ipmi/test_ipmi_user.robot

Thanks
Rahul

@ 2019-12-05 12:31   ` Tony Lee (李文富)
From: Tony Lee (李文富) @ 2019-12-05 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rahul Maheshwari; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Rahul,

Got it, it seems I can only skip it first.
There is another question about test_ipmi_user.robot.
Cases which creating a new user success, and then execute a external ipmi command with
this new user account will fail on our system. For example, test case "Verify Setting Valid Password For IPMI User".
The key is that the default channel in the Keyword "Set Channel Access" is 1.
"eth0" corresponding to channel 1 is used for debug purposes, and
"eth1" corresponding to channel 2 is used for ipmi remote access in our system.
So once I set the default channel to 2 in the Keyword "Set Channel Access", those cases succeed.

I have a solution: add variable ${CHANNEL} default is 1 in lib/resource.robot.
Then, let ${channel}=${CHANNEL} in Keyword "Set Channel Access".
Let user to specify channel while running, if not, the default is 1.

Example: robot -v OPENBMC_HOST:x.x.x.x -v CHANNEL:2 ipmi/test_ipmi_user.robot

Is this approach sounds fine to you or there are other suggestions?

Thanks

@ 2019-12-05 15:05     ` Rahul Maheshwari
From: Rahul Maheshwari @ 2019-12-05 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lee (李文富); +Cc: openbmc