openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Temperature Sensor and its Reading not Showing Up.
@ 2018-08-06 11:58 AKASH G J
From: AKASH G J @ 2018-08-06 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi Team,

I tried to list sensors and its reading using the command "ipmitool -I dbus
sdr elist full". But temperature sensor and its reading is not displayed.
Please someone help to resolve this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Akash

* Re: Temperature Sensor and its Reading not Showing Up.
@ 2018-08-06 15:46 ` Emily Shaffer
From: Emily Shaffer @ 2018-08-06 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: AKASH G J; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Akash,

Have you configured your temp sensors to report over dbus already?

Emily

@ 2018-08-07  3:49   ` AKASH G J
From: AKASH G J @ 2018-08-07  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emily Shaffer, openbmc

Hi Emily,

I did not configure the temperature sensors to report over dbus interface.
I am new in this area. Can you provide steps to configure the temperature
sensors to report over dbus?

Thanks and Regards,

Akash

@ 2018-08-07 15:22     ` Emily Shaffer
From: Emily Shaffer @ 2018-08-07 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: AKASH G J; +Cc: openbmc

Akash,

Check out this doc:
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/sensor-architecture.md

Basically, you need your sensors to be available over DBus first, then
configured to be available over IPMI. This doc should ideally give you some
good step-by-step but you could also take a look at the Witherspoon or
Zaius layers for an example.

Emily

@ 2018-08-07 16:22     ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2018-08-07 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Akash

What platform are you using?  AST2500evb?  If it's not one of the
standard ones, is it something we can look at?

There are a couple different ways to add sensors to dbus.  Which way you
use depends on what platform you're on.

-Ed

* Re: Temperature Sensor and its Reading not Showing Up.
@ 2018-08-08  5:28       ` AKASH G J
From: AKASH G J @ 2018-08-08  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: openbmc