openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Unfound interface "xyz.openbmc_project.Channel.ChannelAccess" in phosphor-network
@ 2021-08-24  9:13 Harvey Wu (吳崇維)
From: Harvey Wu (吳崇維) @ 2021-08-24  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, apparao.puli
  Cc: Fran Hsu (徐誌謙),
	George Hung (洪忠敬)

Hi Apparao, All,

When I use ipmi command to “Set Channel Access of Non-Volatile Settings”, it always return “Unspecified error” and cannot update non-volatile json file.
After debugging, it seems doesn’t have the interface “xyz.openbmc_project.Channel.ChannelAccess” in “xyz.openbmc_project.Network” service in my system.

Do I miss something in phosphor-network setting? It seems like this interface is unused in current openbmc.

Best Regards

Harvey Wu

* Re: [External] Unfound interface "xyz.openbmc_project.Channel.ChannelAccess" in phosphor-network
@ 2021-08-24 11:12 ` Lei Yu
From: Lei Yu @ 2021-08-24 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harvey Wu (吳崇維)
  Cc: openbmc, apparao.puli, Fran Hsu (徐誌謙),
	George Hung (洪忠敬)

There is a patch at
https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/blob/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-network/network/phosphor-network/0003-Adding-channel-specific-privilege-to-network.patch
that implement the feature.
It would be appreciated for Intel to upstream the patch.

--
BRs,
Lei YU