openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Help patching rest_dbus.py
@ 2018-07-17 18:10 guhan balasubramanian
From: guhan balasubramanian @ 2018-07-17 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

We are trying to make some custom changes to the phosphor web application.
Since the web application is present in meta-phosphor, we were trying to
patch the web application from our own meta layer.

From the tmp/work/ directory, I was able to create a git patch for the
rest_dbus.py file in phosphor-gevent and phosphor-rest.

But since the source is not included directly, I get a quilt error saying
that there is no file to patch.

The web (bottle) application I see, is included through the following
variable:
SYSTEMD_ENVIRONMENT_FILE_${PN} += "obmc/wsgi_app"

Can someone please help with what I am missing or the best way to go about
this?

-----
bash-4.2$ tree phosphor-rest/
phosphor-rest/
├── phosphor-rest
│   └── 0001-rest-dbus-test.patch
└── phosphor-rest.bbappend

1 directory, 2 files
bash-4.2$ cat phosphor-rest/phosphor-rest.bbappend
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/phosphor-rest:"
SRC_URI += " \
     file://0001-rest-dbus-test.patch \
"
bash-4.2$
-------

Thanks,
Guhan

* Re: Help patching rest_dbus.py
@ 2018-07-18 13:22 ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2018-07-18 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guhan balasubramanian; +Cc: openbmc

> On Jul 17, 2018, at 2:10 PM, guhan balasubramanian <guhan.sac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to make some custom changes to the phosphor web application.

Can you describe what the custom changes are?  Maybe upstreaming your changes
is possible and you don’t need a bbappend at all.

@ 2018-07-18 18:57   ` guhan balasubramanian
From: guhan balasubramanian @ 2018-07-18 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bradleyb; +Cc: openbmc