Openbmc archive at lore.kernel.org
* Nuvoton WPCM450 Support
@ 2020-10-09 16:58 Mac Wynkoop
From: Mac Wynkoop @ 2020-10-09 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the Nuvoton WPCM450 BMC would support being flashed to
OpenBMC?

Thanks,
Mac Wynkoop, Senior Datacenter Engineer
*NetDepot.com:* Cloud Servers; Delivered
Houston | Atlanta | NYC | Colorado Springs

1-844-25-CLOUD Ext 806

* Re: Nuvoton WPCM450 Support
@ 2020-10-09 17:54 ` Benjamin Fair
From: Benjamin Fair @ 2020-10-09 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mac Wynkoop; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Fri, 9 Oct 2020 at 09:59, Mac Wynkoop <mwynkoop@netdepot.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if the Nuvoton WPCM450 BMC would support being flashed to OpenBMC?
>
> Thanks,
> Mac Wynkoop, Senior Datacenter Engineer
> NetDepot.com: Cloud Servers; Delivered
> Houston | Atlanta | NYC | Colorado Springs
>
> 1-844-25-CLOUD Ext 806

Hi Mac,

There's currently no support for that BMC in the kernel used by
OpenBMC. It would likely be possible to port OpenBMC to this chip, but
no one in the upstream community has attempted it as far as I'm aware.

Benjamin

* Re: Nuvoton WPCM450 Support
@ 2020-10-12 15:00   ` Mac Wynkoop
From: Mac Wynkoop @ 2020-10-12 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)