openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* OpenBMC Uboot: Missing Driver for Ethernet Switch KSZ9893R
@ 2021-07-23  8:09 Sushil Dubey
From: Sushil Dubey @ 2021-07-23  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc, joel

Hello All,

I am working on an AST2600 based OpenBMC project where we are
using Ethernet Switch KSZ9893R.

Microchip KSZ9893R is a 3-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switches with
RGMII/MII/RMII Interface.

I investigated OpenBMC/Uboot for KSZ9893R support but could not find it GitHub
- openbmc/u-boot: OpenBMC "Das U-Boot" Source Tree
<https://github.com/openbmc/u-boot>.

After further investigation, I found this driver is already upstream at
mainline Uboot :
https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/drivers/net/ksz9477.c

Can anyone please take a look and get this driver in the OpenBMC tree?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sushil Dubey

* Re: OpenBMC Uboot: Missing Driver for Ethernet Switch KSZ9893R
@ 2021-07-24  3:52 ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2021-07-24  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sushil Dubey; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Hello Sushil,

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 at 08:09, Sushil Dubey <sushilkdubey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I am working on an AST2600 based OpenBMC project where we are using Ethernet Switch KSZ9893R.
>

> Microchip KSZ9893R is a 3-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switches with RGMII/MII/RMII Interface.
>

> I investigated OpenBMC/Uboot for KSZ9893R support but could not find it GitHub - openbmc/u-boot: OpenBMC "Das U-Boot" Source Tree.
>

> After further investigation, I found this driver is already upstream at mainline Uboot : https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/drivers/net/ksz9477.c
>

> Can anyone please take a look and get this driver in the OpenBMC tree?

You're welcome to submit a patch to the mailing list that adds this
driver to the tree. As the maintainer will review and merge that.

Cheers,

Joel