openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* SLPD multicast support
@ 2019-12-11 12:31 Deng Tyler
From: Deng Tyler @ 2019-12-11 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

Hi All:
    I have a management tool to discovery service in a subnet by slp
multicast. But I can't find any openbmc server. I check
https://github.com/openbmc/slpd-lite and find that slpd-lite didn't support
multicast but unicast. I am confused that how to leverage unicast slp in
openbmc? What is the service name in openbmc? Could someone example a slp
usage scenario in openbmc? thanks.

Tyler

* Re: SLPD multicast support
@ 2019-12-11 20:14 ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2019-12-11 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deng Tyler, OpenBMC Maillist

On 12/11/19 6:31 AM, Deng Tyler wrote:
> Hi All:
>     I have a management tool to discovery service in a subnet by slp
> multicast. But I can't find any openbmc server. I check
> https://github.com/openbmc/slpd-lite and find that slpd-lite didn't
> support multicast but unicast. I am confused that how to leverage
> unicast slp in openbmc? What is the service name in openbmc? Could
> someone example a slp usage scenario in openbmc? thanks.

I understand OpenBMC implements Avahi Zeroconf DNS service discovery.
There is a doc review for it here:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/23484

The review points to the implementation which is already merged into the
project.

- Joseph

> Tyler

* Re: SLPD multicast support