openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* OriginOfCondition in Redfish Log Entry
@ 2021-07-09 21:35 Rahul Kapoor
From: Rahul Kapoor @ 2021-07-09 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

I wanted to get some context on the current design of Redfish Log Entry. I see that the existing implementation of LogEntry in log_services.hpp does not populate the property OriginOfCondition as described in https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/v1/LogEntry.v1_9_0.json within Links object.
I understand this is not a required property but I think it's essential to establish context of the event source should the implementation use DMTF ResourceEvent Registry (https://redfish.dmtf.org/registries/ResourceEvent.1.0.3.json) for logging events in Redfish LogService. I see some implementation in Event Service Manager module  but I am interested in having this property available in redfish log entry for redfish clients that only pull events and don't subscribe.
The entries in OpenBMC Message Registry are quite descriptive about the source but my use case is based on ResourceEvent registry which is not as descriptive and entries would need a link to the associated resource.
Any feedback on the assessment above would be really helpful.

-Rahul