openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Question about IPMI password MAX length test in openbmc-test-automation
@ 2020-01-06  9:34 ` Tony Lee (李文富)
From: Tony Lee (李文富) @ 2020-01-06  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adathatr; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Anusha,

I met an issue that "Verify Setting IPMI User With Invalid Password Length" will fail when
its user id is same as "Verify Setting IPMI User With Max Password Length".

This is because the password length 20 has been successfully set in "Verify Setting IPMI User With Max Password Length".
Therefore, the case of password_length = 21 and password_option = 20 is expected to fail but pass when their user id are the same.

I have two solutions:

1. Only verify the message that cannot use invalid password length to set password
and do not verify that user is able to run IPMI command with given username and password in this case.

2. At the end of each case, delete the user it just created to ensure that it will not affect other cases.

Which is better, or do you have other suggestions?

Thanks
Best Regards,
Tony

* Re: Question about IPMI password MAX length test in openbmc-test-automation
@ 2020-01-07  5:45   ` Rahul Maheshwari
       [not found]     ` <ab84d89c974c4067bd3f3ce848b71450@quantatw.com>
From: Rahul Maheshwari @ 2020-01-07  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lee (李文富); +Cc: adathatr, openbmc

Hi Tony,
I would say option 2 is better. There is no need to verify IPMI command
execution when set user password is expected to fail.

Thanks
Rahul

@ 2020-01-07 10:23       ` Anusha Dathatri
From: Anusha Dathatri @ 2020-01-07 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)