Openbmc archive at lore.kernel.org
* RE: Firmware version under IPMB sensors
@ 2020-10-05 11:27 Jayashree D
From: Jayashree D @ 2020-10-05 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc
  Cc: zhikui.ren, jae.hyun.yoo, vernon.mauery, ed, james.feist,
	Velumani T-ERS, HCLTech

Classification: HCL Internal
Hi Team,

In my system, host is connected to IPMB and host related information is retrieved using IPMB bus.
I plan to add firmware versions in the dbus-sensors. Adding this as another entity as like ipmbsensor.
This will help in having all transaction in IPMB sensor.

Please provide your comments on this.

Regards,
Jayashree

In my system, host is connected to IPMB and host related information is retrieved using IPMB bus.
I plan to add firmware versions in the dbus-sensors. Adding this as another entity as like ipmbsensor.
This will help in having all transaction in IPMB sensor.

Please provide your comments on this.

Regards,
Jayashree

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.
________________________________

* RE: Firmware version under IPMB sensors
@ 2020-10-05 17:53   ` Jayashree D
From: Jayashree D @ 2020-10-05 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: openbmc, Velumani T-ERS,HCLTech

Classification: HCL Internal

Hi Ed Tanous,

We are using Twinlake for IPMB and plan to read all the firmware versions ( CPLD, ME, Bridge IC, VR) using OEM commands. Also display the firmware versions using dbus objects.

Regards,
Jayashree

[CAUTION: This Email is from outside the Organization. Unless you trust the sender, Don’t click links or open attachments as it may be a Phishing email, which can steal your Information and compromise your Computer.]

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 11:43 PM Jayashree D <jayashree-d@hcl.com> wrote:

> Classification: HCL Internal
>
> Hi Team,
>

> In my system, host is connected to IPMB and host related information is retrieved using IPMB bus.
> I plan to add firmware versions in the dbus-sensors. Adding this as another entity as like ipmbsensor.
> This will help in having all transaction in IPMB sensor.

Sounds reasonable.  Do you intend on using the get device id command to determine the version number?  What piece of hardware are you connecting to?
::DISCLAIMER::

@ 2020-10-05 14:25 ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2020-10-05 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jayashree D; +Cc: openbmc, Velumani T-ERS, HCLTech