openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Unresponsive BMC after booting into Ubuntu
@ 2020-11-23 22:49 Patrick Voelker
From: Patrick Voelker @ 2020-11-23 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC (openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org)

I have a situation where, while booting the host into Ubuntu desktop 18.04, my OpenBMC ast2500 BMC stops responding on all interfaces including its debug serial console.  It doesn't do this when the host boots into Windows.

Nothing came up when I did an initial google search.  Also, nothing unusual jumps out at me if I watch the BMC's 'journal -f' prior to the issue.  No kernel panic or anything like that.

Are there any known issues like this?  If not, are there some pointers to relevant debug strategies for when BMC is not available?  I'd like to avoid JTAG debugging the kernel if possible.  :-)