openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Adding keys to BMC production build
@ 2021-03-11  2:17 Patrick Voelker
From: Patrick Voelker @ 2021-03-11  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC (openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org)

Is there a page or document with instructions for adding a custom key for signing the production BMC build?  I haven't had any luck finding it yet.

* RE: Adding keys to BMC production build
@ 2021-03-11  2:35 ` Troy Lee
From: Troy Lee @ 2021-03-11  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Voelker, OpenBMC (openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org)

Hi Patrick,

You could assign SIGNING_KEY to your private key for signing image.
If it is not set, meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/flash/phosphor-insecure-signing-key-native.bb will be applied.

Thanks,
Troy Lee

@ 2021-03-11 14:57 ` Bruce Mitchell
From: Bruce Mitchell @ 2021-03-11 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Troy Lee, Klaus Heinrich Kiwi, Patrick Voelker
  Cc: OpenBMC (openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org)

> Hi Patrick, You could assign SIGNING_KEY
>to your private key for signing image. If it is not set,
>meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/flash/phosphor-insecure-signing-key
>-native.bb will be applied. Thanks, ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
>‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
>

> Hi Patrick,
>
> You could assign SIGNING_KEY to your private key for signing
>image.
> If it is not set,
>meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/flash/phosphor-insecure-signing-key
>-native.bb will be applied.
>
> Thanks,
> Troy Lee

Hi Patrick,

Also check with Klaus as well.

--
Bruce

* Re: Adding keys to BMC production build
@ 2021-03-11 16:51   ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2021-03-11 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Troy Lee, Patrick Voelker, OpenBMC (openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org),
	Bruce.Mitchell

On 3/10/21 8:35 PM, Troy Lee wrote:
> Hi Patrick, You could assign SIGNING_KEY to your private key for
> signing image. If it is not set,
> meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/flash/phosphor-insecure-signing-key-native.bb
> will be applied. Thanks, ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
> ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> You could assign SIGNING_KEY to your private key for signing image.
>
> If it is not set,
> meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/flash/phosphor-insecure-signing-key-native.bb
> will be applied.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Troy Lee

Yes, sort of.  The OpenBMC "Configuration Guide" wiki has items like this:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Configuration-guide#image-signature

Troy, I've added your info to the wiki.  Thank you!

The OpenBMC security working group has discussed migrating the config
guide into the docs repo.  Any volunteers?

-Joseph