openembedded-core.lists.openembedded.org archive mirror
* Yocto Project Status WW19`22
@ 2022-05-10 13:18 richard.purdie
From: richard.purdie @ 2022-05-10 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org>, openembedded-core

Current Dev Position: YP 4.1 M1
Next Deadline: 30th May 2022 YP 4.1 M1 Build

Next Team Meetings:
 * Yocto Project Summit - 17th-19th May
   (https://www.yoctoproject.org/yocto-project-summit-2022-05/)
 * Bug Triage meeting Thursday May 12th 7:30 am PDT
   (https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
 * Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday June 7th at 8 am PDT
   (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
 * Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday May 10th  at 8 am PDT
   (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
 * Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:
 * YP 3.1.16 was released
 * YP 3.4.4 passed QA and has approval for release
 * We’ve continued to struggle with the git CVE fix issues and ended up
   changing the approach taken resolve it.
 * Whilst the git issue was breaking reproducible builds on the
   autobuilder, two other issues started occurring in reproducible
   builds, making clean builds hard to regain for master.
 * The update to gcc 12 has merged after clean test runs on the
   autobuilder. Thanks to Khem and Bruce for working though various
   issues in particular.
 * A lot of general version upgrades were merged bringing us more into
   sync with various upstreams, thanks Alex.
 * Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder
   intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re
   continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla:
   https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

Ways to contribute:
 * There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
 * There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 3.5. See:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.5_Unassign
   ed_Enhancements.2FBugs
 * We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
   list at:
   http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/incl
   ude/maintainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask
   on the OE-Core mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to
   “Unassigned” soon to help facilitate this.
 * Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics

YP 4.1 Milestone Dates:
 * YP 4.1 M1 build date 2022/05/30
 * YP 4.1 M1 Release date 2022/06/10
 * YP 4.1 M2 build date 2022/07/11
 * YP 4.1 M2 Release date 2022/07/22
 * YP 4.1 M3 build date 2022/08/22
 * YP 4.1 M3 Release date 2022/09/02
 * YP 4.1 M4 build date 2022/10/03
 * YP 4.1 M4 Release date 2022/10/28

Upcoming dot releases:
 * YP 3.1.16 is released.
 * YP 3.4.4 is out of QA
 * YP 4.0.1 build date 2022/05/16
 * YP 4.0.1 Release date 2022/05/27
 * YP 3.1.17 build date 2022/06/06
 * YP 3.1.17 Release date 2022/06/17
 * YP 4.0.2 build date 2022/06/27
 * YP 4.0.2 Release date 2022/07/08
 * YP 3.1.18 build date 2022/07/18
 * YP 3.1.18 Release date 2022/07/29
 * YP 4.0.3 build date 2022/08/08
 * YP 4.0.3 Release date 2022/08/19
 * YP 3.1.19 build date 2022/08/29
 * YP 3.1.19 Release date 2022/09/09
 * YP 4.0.4 build date 2022/09/19
 * YP 4.0.4 Release date 2022/09/30
 * YP 3.1.20 build date 2022/10/10
 * YP 3.1.20 Release date 2022/10/21
 * YP 4.0.5 build date 2022/10/31
 * YP 4.0.5 Release date 2022/11/11

Tracking Metrics:
 * WDD 2450 (last week 2450)
   (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
 * OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
    - Total patches found: 1181 (last week 1205)
    - Patches in the Pending State: 339 (29%) [last week 341 (28%)]

The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical
Steering Committee, more information is available at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on
this weekly status update, let us know!]

Archived content:

Tip of the Week:
 * The scripts in ${WORKDIR}/temp/run.XXX for shell tasks can be
   quickly hacked and used for standalone debugging by replacing the
   function call at the end with “bash -i” which will then drop you
   into a shell environment matching the task being debugged (minus the
   fakeroot context).
 * Bonus marks for anyone sending a patch to add the fakeroot context
   as comments at the start of the scripts.
 * (send any tips you’d like to see here to Stephen or Richard)
 *