openembedded-core.lists.openembedded.org archive mirror
* Yocto Project Status 23 April 2024 (WW16)
@ 2024-04-23 14:53 Stephen K Jolley
From: Stephen K Jolley @ 2024-04-23 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
	yocto-status

Current Dev Position: YP 5.0 in QA

Next Deadline: YP 5.0 Release by 30 April 2024

Next Team Meetings:

   -

   Bug Triage meeting Thursday April 25th at 7:30 am PST (
   https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
   -

   Weekly Project Engineering Sync Tuesday April 23rd at 8 am PST (
   https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
   <https://zoom.us/j/990892712>
   -

   Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

   -

   YP 5.0 rc4 is in QA.
   -

   YP 3.1.33, The final dunfell build will follow 5.0 into QA.
   -

   YP 4.0.18 is behind 3.1.33 for QA.
   -

   YP 5.0 rc2 was abandoned after issues with git in buildtools were found
   caused by a curl regression. 5.0 rc3 had further buildtools issues from
   configuration problems. 5.0 rc4 was built cleanly and went into QA to
   replace rc2.
   -

   The master branch has diverged from scarthgap and we’re trying to keep
   up to date with incoming patches there.
   -

   There are also patches under review for the patch/cve metrics page to
   improve the usability as well as build performance graphing improvements.
   -

   There is an open letter the project has created related to the CVE/NVD
   situation, more information is available here:
   https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-architecture/message/1990

Please consider signing this to show support for those changes, which would
improve our ability to analyze CVEs, and that of many other projects
(including other distros) to do so too.

   -

   We continue to watch the NIST NVD (CVE database) situation, the lack of
   CPE information is problematic for us and we are considering what
   alternatives we have.
   -

   Some CVE information is being provided for issues in meta-openembedded,
   this has been provided with help from the Sovereign Tech Fund.
   -

   The project is sponsoring Syslinbit to separate out our CVE tooling from
   the build system into a standalone tool so that it can be used on software
   manifests of output at a later date.

Ways to contribute:

   -

   As people are likely aware, the project has a number of components which
   are either unmaintained, or have people with little to no time trying to
   keep them alive. These components include: devtool, toaster, wic, oeqa,
   autobuilder, CROPs containers, pseudo and more. Many have open bugs. Help
   is welcome in trying to better look after these components!
   -

   There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
   -

   There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 5.1. See:
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium+_5.1_Unassigned_Enhancements/Bugs
   -

   We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the list
   at:
   http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/maintainers.inc
   and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core mailing
   list. We will likely move a chunk of these to “Unassigned” soon to help
   facilitate this.
   -

   Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder
   intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to
   see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla:
   https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
   -

   Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics
   <https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/>
   -

   We have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, any help with them is
   appreciated.
   -

   Regarding bugs, even if you can’t fix a bug, submitting a failing test
   case that can reproduce the issue significantly improves the chances it
   might get fixed.

YP 5.0 Milestone Dates:

   -

   YP 5.0 is in QA.
   -

   YP 5.0 M4 Release date 2024/04/30

YP 5.1 Milestone Dates:

   -

   YP 5.1 M1 Build date  2024-05-20
   -

   YP 5.1 M1 Release date 2024-05-31
   -

   YP 5.1 M2 Build date  2024-07-08
   -

   YP 5.1 M2 Release date 2024-07-19
   -

   YP 5.1 M3 Build date  2024-08-26
   -

   YP 5.1 M3 Release date 2024-09-06
   -

   YP 5.1 M4 Build date  2024-09-30
   -

   YP 5.1 M4 Release date 2024-10-25

Upcoming dot releases:

   -

   YP 3.1.33 is in QA
   -

   YP 4.0.18 is in QA

   -

   YP 5.0.1 Build Date 2024-05-13
   -

   YP 5.0.1 Release Date 2024-05-24
   -

   YP 4.0.19 build date 2024-06-03
   -

   YP 4.0.19 Release date 2024-06-14
   -

   YP 5.0.2 Build Date 2024-06-24
   -

   YP 5.0.2 Release Date 2024-07-05
   -

   YP 4.0.20 Build Date 2024-07-15
   -

   YP 4.0.20 Release Date 2024-07-26
   -

   YP 5.0.3 Build Date 2024-08-12
   -

   YP 5.0.3 Release Date 2024-08-23
   -

   YP 4.0.21 Build Date 2024-09-09
   -

   YP 4.0.21 Release Date 2024-09-20
   -

   YP 5.0.4 Build Date 2024-09-23
   -

   YP 5.0.4 Release Date 2024-10-04
   -

   YP 4.0.22 Build Date 2024-10-14
   -

   YP 4.0.22 Release Date 2024-10-25
   -

   YP 5.0.5 Build Date 2024-11-11
   -

   YP 5.0.5 Release Date 2024-11-22
   -

   YP 4.0.23 Build Date 2024-11-18
   -

   YP 4.0.23 Release Date 2024-11-29

Tracking Metrics:

   -

   WDD 2714 (last week 2719) (
   https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
   -

   OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
   -

      Total patches found: 1140 (last week 1173)
      -

      Patches in the Pending State: 245 (21%) [last week 249 (21%)]
      -

   https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/patchmetrics/

The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

*Stephen K. Jolley*

*Yocto Project Program Manager*

(    *Cell*:                (208) 244-4460

* *Email*:                 *s
<stephen.k.jolley@intel.com>jolley.yp.pm@gmail.com <jolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>*