outreachy.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Outreachy Info] April 3 App Deadline
@ 2023-03-27 16:53 Alison Schofield
From: Alison Schofield @ 2023-03-27 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Outreachy Linux Kernel

Hi Outreachy Applicants,

Thank you for diving into the Linux Kernel community and for
helping to clean up the Linux Kernel during this contribution
period.

Contribution Period Ends: April 3 at 4pm UTC.
Application Deadline:	  April 3 at 4pm UTC

Hopefully you've been recording your contributions along the way
in your Outreachy Dashboard. Now, it is time to submit a final
application. You can 'edit' it through the deadline, but you
cannot 'submit' it after the deadline.

A few application notes:

When applying to multiple projects, it is OK to submit all the
details of your contributions under one project, and in each
of the other projects, add a note 'See my contributions recorded
under Project-X'. Mentors can see all project applications.

If you do cut/paste and complete each project form separately, be
sure to include all your contributions. For example, if you did a
starter task for Project-A, list it under Project-B also - even
though it wasn't special to Project-B.

Community-specific questions:
The Linux Kernel Community does not have any additional questions.
(You can write that in the box, or leave it blank.)

Internship project timeline:
The internship will be mapped out between mentors and interns during
the first week of the internship. It is customized to each intern.
(You can write that in the box too.)

Neither the mentors, nor I, see your original application to Outreachy,
so be sure to answer the first 3 question on the final app fully:
- Past experience with this free software community
- Past experience with other free software communities
- Relevant personal or class projects

You are welcome to apply to any and all projects that you would
accept an internship with. If the form forces you to assign unique
project preferences, do the best you can, and add a note as needed.
ie. "Hey, I'd love to do any of these projects, but the form forced
me to rank them.", or maybe, "Project-X is my first choice, and
Projects-Y&Z are my second choices."

Questions, please ask on the list, email your mentors or me.

Thanks,
Alison

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-03-27 16:53 UTC | newest]