phone-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>
To: Merlijn Wajer <merlijn@wizzup.org>
Cc: tony@atomide.com, sre@kernel.org, nekit1000@gmail.com,
	mpartap@gmx.net, martin_rysavy@centrum.cz,
	phone-devel@vger.kernel.org, maemo-leste@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] D4 after leste update: rotated touchscreen
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 00:08:49 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi!

> >> I did apt-get update/upgrade on Leste, and results are not good.
> >>
> >> It still boots, but it looks like touchscreen is "rotated" 90 degrees
> >> or so, so touches are registered at wrong places.
> >>
> >> If someone knows how to fix that, let me know.
> >
> > Aha, I only had partial update. elogind held some packages
> > back. I did explicit install of elogind and rebooted. Now I have black
> > screen in portrait mode, which has top overlayed with one icon. Not
> > good.
>
> Definitely not good.
>
> Do you have usbnet access? You might just need to remove a few leftover
> configuration files.

Do you have idea what files to remove? That might be easiest. I'm not
sure if I have usbnet, but I should be able to move sdcard to
different machine and modify it there.

> > Any ideas would be welcome. But I guess it is "back up and re-install
> > with fresh image"...
>
> there should be new images now.
>
> Perhaps you'd be willing to test this version (I have not tested it yet!)
>
> https://phoenix.maemo.org/view/Images/job/leste-image-droid4/

It depends how desperate I am :-).

Yes, I'll use latest version if I'm forced to reinstall.

Thanks for support,
								Pavel
--
http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek