poky.lists.yoctoproject.org archive mirror
* Ability to customize the prserver connection?
@ 2023-05-03 17:03 Rusty Howell
From: Rusty Howell @ 2023-05-03 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Hello, is there a way to (or is there interest from others) in being able to customize the connection to the prserver?   We have a need to send an extra parameter to the prserver (which we have also customized).  We were able to do this by monkeypatching the prserv client during the do_packagedata task. (Rule #5 Never modify Poky)  We had a custom TaskStarted handler which would monkeypatch the getPR() method and add the extra parameter we wanted.  We recently upgraded to honister which broke our method of monkeypatching.

I know most Yocto users focus on images and don't bother with package feeds. But for those who do, I wanted to work on a way to allow one to create a custom prserver connection rather than being forced to use the client in bb/lib/prserv/client.py and hack at it via inherits and task handlers.