powertop.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Powertop] 'PowerTOP --calibrate' output
@ 2017-05-21 18:36 Amit Singh
From: Amit Singh @ 2017-05-21 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

Hi.
After exiting 'sudo powertop --calibrate', there are some statistics
printed like "Score = 1.7 (18069.1) Guess = 12.1 Actual = 12.3" (These
numbers are made up, I do not remember the actual values I got). I tried
looking up what these values mean but could not find it mentioned anywhere
in the User's guide. Can someone point me to a resource that has this
information? Or if you know what these mean then kindly explain it to me as
well.
Thanks!
Amit

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 587 bytes --]

* Re: [Powertop] 'PowerTOP --calibrate' output
@ 2017-05-21 21:02 Arjan van de Ven
From: Arjan van de Ven @ 2017-05-21 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop

On 5/21/2017 11:36 AM, Amit Singh wrote:
> Hi.
> After exiting 'sudo powertop --calibrate', there are some statistics printed like "Score = 1.7 (18069.1) Guess = 12.1 Actual = 12.3" (These numbers are made up, I do not
> remember the actual values I got). I tried looking up what these values mean but could not find it mentioned anywhere in the User's guide. Can someone point me to a
> resource that has this information? Or if you know what these mean then kindly explain it to me as well.
> Thanks!

so powertop tries to do a least squares fit of the calibration measurements to a model it builds of your PC,
and this is basically diagnotics output that tries to print how well the least squares worked

* Re: [Powertop] 'PowerTOP --calibrate' output
@ 2017-05-21 19:17 Eugene Syromyatnikov
From: Eugene Syromyatnikov @ 2017-05-21 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: powertop