printing-architecture.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Printing-architecture] URGENT: We need to move the OpenPrinting Summit/PWG Meeting
@ 2023-10-25 20:15 Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2023-10-25 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Open Printing, Ira McDonald, Michael Sweet

Hi,

I got the date of the Canonical Engineering Sprint 2024 today, which is
a meeting where I have to attend.

It is May 13-17, same week as the PWG/OpenPrinting Summit on May 14-16.

Could we move the latter to 1 or 2 weeks later? I will probably not be
able to make Canonical move their ~700-attendee Engineering Sprint.

Thanks in advance

    Till

* Re: [Printing-architecture] URGENT: We need to move the OpenPrinting Summit/PWG Meeting
@ 2023-10-30 18:44 ` Ira McDonald
From: Ira McDonald @ 2023-10-30 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Till Kamppeter, Jeremy Leber, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect),
	Ira McDonald
  Cc: Open Printing

Hi Till,

We discussed your reschedule request at today's PWG Steering Committee call.

PWG SC members strongly prefer the *earlier* week of 7-9 May.

With difficulty, some PWG SC members could possibly do the first *later*
week of
21-23 May.  However that collides with travel days for the major US holiday
on the
following Monday - which means the week of 28-30 May will *not* work at all.

WDYT?

Cheers,
-  Ira

*Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)*

*Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF*
*Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG*

*Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG*

*Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WGSecretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working GroupCo-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WGIETF
Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIBBlue Roof Music / High North
Inchttp://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
<http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>mailto: blueroofmusic@gmail.com
<blueroofmusic@gmail.com>(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
906-494-2434*

@ 2023-11-01  9:51   ` Zdenek Dohnal
From: Zdenek Dohnal @ 2023-11-01  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ira McDonald, Till Kamppeter, Jeremy Leber, Kennedy,
	Smith (Wireless Architect)
  Cc: Open Printing

Hi Ira,

I'm not sure how it is for other countries in Europe, but May 8th is
public holiday in Czech Republic (End of WWII in Europe), so I won't
make it on May 8th.

Additionally, there is another holiday (Labor day) on May 1st, so I
usually take two weeks of PTO around that time, but could show up on 7th
(I attend PWG meetings for project updates and plans, which happen in
the first day or two, because I don't have enough knowledge to do the
standard proposal reviews, so it would be great for me if project
updates - cups, cups-filters, pappl, printer apps - were on the first day).

However, I'm just an attendee, what matters is what suits organizers and
speakers :) .

Zdenek

On 10/30/23 19:44, Ira McDonald wrote:
> Hi Till,
>
> We discussed your reschedule request at today's PWG Steering Committee
> call.
>
> PWG SC members strongly prefer the *earlier* week of 7-9 May.
>
> With difficulty, some PWG SC members could possibly do the first
> *later* week of
> 21-23 May.  However that collides with travel days for the major US
> holiday on the
> following Monday - which means the week of 28-30 May will *not* work
> at all.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Cheers,
> -  Ira
>
> /Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)/
> /Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF
> /
> /Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG/
> /Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
> /
> /Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
> Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
> Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
> Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
> http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
> http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
> mailto: blueroofmusic@gmail.com
> (permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839 906-494-2434/
>

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 4:15 PM Till Kamppeter
> <till.kamppeter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I got the date of the Canonical Engineering Sprint 2024 today,
>     which is
>     a meeting where I have to attend.
>
>     It is May 13-17, same week as the PWG/OpenPrinting Summit on May
>     14-16.
>
>     Could we move the latter to 1 or 2 weeks later? I will probably
>     not be
>     able to make Canonical move their ~700-attendee Engineering Sprint.
>
>     Thanks in advance
>
>         Till

Zdenek Dohnal
Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat, BRQ-TPBC

* Re: [Printing-architecture] URGENT: We need to move the OpenPrinting Summit/PWG Meeting
@ 2023-11-01 19:40   ` Ira McDonald
From: Ira McDonald @ 2023-11-01 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Till Kamppeter, Jeremy Leber, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect),
	Ira McDonald
  Cc: Open Printing

Hi Till,

Could you please reply about the SC request to move the May 2024 PWG/OP
meeting one week
*earlier* to 7-9 May 2024?

During these past three days, my primary ISO security standards projects
have filled entirely the
weeks of 14-16 May, 21-24 May, and 28-30 May.  And I was already blocked
the first whole week
of June by three Global Platform, ESCAR USA, and Uptane automotive
conferences that week.

So my *only* available week will be 7-9 May 2024.

@ 2023-11-01 19:52     ` Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2023-11-01 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ira McDonald, Jeremy Leber, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect)
  Cc: Open Printing

Sorry, I was very busy with the Ubuntu Summit and the October News.

For me May 7-9 is no problem, especially for us here in Austria May 8 is
not a holiday. Zdenek could at least attend on Ma7 and so if we juggle
around the sessions to cram everything what Zdenek needs or wants to
attend to May 7.

Or could we, if we run it all online and not in-person, move it even to
May 6-8 (Mon-Wed) and so Zdenek is able to attend the first 2 days so
that we do not need to remix our schedules. If it is all online we will
not need the Monday as travel day.

    Till

@ 2023-11-20 21:17     ` Ira McDonald
From: Ira McDonald @ 2023-11-20 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zdenek Dohnal, Till Kamppeter, Aveek Basu, Danny Brennan, Ira McDonald
  Cc: Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect), Open Printing, Jeremy Leber

Hi Zdenek,

Update on May 2024 Joint PWG/OP Summit from today's PWG Steering Committee
call.

Our current tentative plan is a Hybrid hosted by Lexmark (in Lexington,
Kentucky, USA)
on Monday 6 May 2024 through Wednesday 8 May 2024

Zdenek, please note that we usually have PWG Plenary on the first morning
and then
OP topics for the rest of the first day and into the afternoon of the
second day.  See for
example:

https://www.pwg.org/chair/meeting-info/may-2023-virtual.html

The PWG SC members who can travel in person (most or all of us) could all
travel to
Lexington, so that location was chosen, instead of Sunnyvale, California.

Zdenek, Till, Aveek, and Danny - please reply with your thoughts ASAP,
since US visas
are *extremely* delayed (4-6 months in many countries) at present.

@ 2023-11-20 23:46       ` Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2023-11-20 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ira McDonald, Zdenek Dohnal, Aveek Basu, Danny Brennan
  Cc: Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect), Open Printing, Jeremy Leber

Hi,

I have now checked with my other conferences which I will attend and
there is no problem with the Summit dates. Also my visa is still valid
until somewhere in 2025.

    Till

@ 2023-11-21 11:06       ` Zdenek Dohnal
From: Zdenek Dohnal @ 2023-11-21 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ira McDonald
  Cc: Aveek Basu, Jeremy Leber, Danny Brennan, Kennedy,
	Smith (Wireless Architect),
	Till Kamppeter, Open Printing

Hi Ira,

May 6 - May 8 looks great for me, thanks! I'll join you virtually for
the first two days (I'm sorry for confusion if my emails sounded like I
could join the conference in person), so I don't need to get US visa
(but it is good information nevertheless, I would like to visit the US
for vacation in the future).

Thank you for moving the conference a little :)

Zdenek

--
Zdenek Dohnal
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: [Printing-architecture] URGENT: We need to move the OpenPrinting Summit/PWG Meeting
@ 2023-11-22 15:50         ` Ira McDonald
From: Ira McDonald @ 2023-11-22 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zdenek Dohnal
  Cc: Aveek Basu, Jeremy Leber, Danny Brennan, Kennedy,