printing-architecture.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* [Printing-architecture] PSA: this list is moving to lists.linux.dev (no action required)
@ 2023-12-18 23:02 Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2023-12-18 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: printing-architecture

Hello, all:

The mailman-2 system running on lists.linuxfoundation.org is being
decommissioned, so all lists currently hosted there will be found new homes.

This Thursday, December 21, at 11AM PST (19:00 UTC), this list will be migrated
to live on lists.linux.dev, but the impact of this move should be minor:

1. The new canonical list address will be printing-architecture@lists.linux.dev.

2. *The old address will continue to work* for the foreseeable future, so any
   existing conversations can continue and any new messages sent to the old
   list address will be properly delivered to all subscribers.

3. All members will be automatically subscribed to the new list, so no action
   is required on anyone's part to keep receiving list mail.

4. The list will be archived on https://lore.kernel.org/printing-architecture/
   with all prior archives automatically imported.

5. The List-ID header will change, regardless to which address the message is
   sent:

   before: List-Id: <printing-architecture.lists.linuxfoundation.org>
    after: List-Id: <printing-architecture.lists.linux.dev>

   You will need to update your filtering rules if you filter based on the
   contents of that header (on or after the migration date).

6. The mailman footer will no longer be added to message bodies and the
   subject will no longer be modified to insert [Printing-architecture]
   (because this violates DMARC).

7. Subscribing and unsubscribing will be done using the mlmmj supported
   commands, documented at https://subspace.kernel.org/subscribing.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I will follow up
on Thursday after the migration has been completed.

Best regards,
-K

* Re: [Printing-architecture] PSA: this list is moving to lists.linux.dev (no action required)
@ 2023-12-18 23:46 ` Ira McDonald
From: Ira McDonald @ 2023-12-18 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: printing-architecture

FYI - old OpenPrinting address will work forever, but no inserted list
header in Subject line - see Konstantin's list of details below.

Cheers,
- Ira

@ 2023-12-21 20:30 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2023-12-21 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: printing-architecture

On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 at 18:02, Konstantin Ryabitsev
<konstantin@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> The mailman-2 system running on lists.linuxfoundation.org is being
> decommissioned, so all lists currently hosted there will be found new homes.
>
> This Thursday, December 21, at 11AM PST (19:00 UTC), this list will be migrated
> to live on lists.linux.dev, but the impact of this move should be minor:
>
> 1. The new canonical list address will be printing-architecture@lists.linux.dev.
>
> 2. *The old address will continue to work* for the foreseeable future, so any
>    existing conversations can continue and any new messages sent to the old
>    list address will be properly delivered to all subscribers.
>
> 3. All members will be automatically subscribed to the new list, so no action
>    is required on anyone's part to keep receiving list mail.
>
> 4. The list will be archived on https://lore.kernel.org/printing-architecture/
>    with all prior archives automatically imported.
>
> 5. The List-ID header will change, regardless to which address the message is
>    sent:
>
>    before: List-Id: <printing-architecture.lists.linuxfoundation.org>
>     after: List-Id: <printing-architecture.lists.linux.dev>
>
>    You will need to update your filtering rules if you filter based on the
>    contents of that header (on or after the migration date).
>
> 6. The mailman footer will no longer be added to message bodies and the
>    subject will no longer be modified to insert [Printing-architecture]
>    (because this violates DMARC).
>
> 7. Subscribing and unsubscribing will be done using the mlmmj supported
>    commands, documented at https://subspace.kernel.org/subscribing.html
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I will follow up
> on Thursday after the migration has been completed.

Hello:

This work is complete and this message acts as a test to make sure
that everything is working properly. The list archives will be moved
later today.

Best regards,
Konstantin

* Re: PSA: this list is moving to lists.linux.dev (no action required)
@ 2023-12-23  1:01   ` Till Kamppeter
From: Till Kamppeter @ 2023-12-23  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev, printing-architecture

On 21/12/2023 17:30, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> Hello:
>
> This work is complete and this message acts as a test to make sure
> that everything is working properly. The list archives will be moved
> later today.
>
> Best regards,
> Konstantin

Konstantin,

thank you very much for moving over the mailing list and its archives.

For testing, I am sending this e-mail to the new e-mail address.

I have updated the links in my December News:

https://openprinting.github.io/OpenPrinting-News-December-2023/#what-is-hot-on-the-openprinting-maiing-list

    Till