qemu-devel.nongnu.org archive mirror
* Introducing PECI support in Qemu
@ 2021-12-16 16:03 Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2021-12-16 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers, OpenBMC Maillist, Titus Rwantare

Hi all;

My team has a working PECI bus/device in Qemu, but we only have internal
board specifications that enable it.  We'd like to upstream it as soon
as possible, but obviously we can't enable testing for it without an
upstream board that uses it.  We only have it attached to Nuvoton 7xx
presently, but are slated to enable it for the Aspeed series in the
next quarter.

Does anyone have an upstream Nuvoton 7xx series BMC board that has PECI
enabled in the DTS, where we can enable it to their qemu board to enable
the upstream testing? (think: qtest).

Patrick

* Re: Introducing PECI support in Qemu
@ 2021-12-16 17:06 ` Winiarska, Iwona
From: Winiarska, Iwona @ 2021-12-16 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: venture, openbmc, qemu-devel, titusr; +Cc: tmaimon77

On Thu, 2021-12-16 at 08:03 -0800, Patrick Venture wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> My team has a working PECI bus/device in Qemu, but we only have internal board
> specifications that enable it.  We'd like to upstream it as soon as possible,
> but obviously we can't enable testing for it without an upstream board that uses
> it.  We only have it attached to Nuvoton 7xx presently, but are slated to enable
> it for the Aspeed series in the next quarter.
>
> Does anyone have an upstream Nuvoton 7xx series BMC board that has PECI enabled
> in the DTS, where we can enable it to their qemu board to enable the upstream
> testing? (think: qtest).

If you mean Linux kernel or OpenBMC, I don't think any upstream BMC board has
PECI enabled.

In case of Linux, PECI subsystem patches with Aspeed support are still under
review:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20211123140706.2945700-1-iwona.winiarska@intel.com/
(Couple of days ago, Tomer Maimon sent patches that added PECI support for
Nuvoton and were tested on NPCM750 and NPCM845 BMC:
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2021-December/028602.html)
When it comes to OpenBMC upstream, PECI support was dropped some time ago and,
as far as I know, OpenBMC project won't pull it until it is merged into Linux
upstream.

-Iwona