qemu-devel.nongnu.org archive mirror
* question about handling MSI-X by VFIO
@ 2020-01-21 13:36 Thanos Makatos
From: Thanos Makatos @ 2020-01-21 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: Alex Williamson, Felipe Franciosi

I'm passing through a virtual PCI device to a QEMU guest via VFIO/mdev and I
notice that MSI-X interrupts are disabled in the device (MSIXCAP.MXC.MXE is
zero) and the BARs containing the table and PBA (4 and 5 in my case) are never
accessed.  However, whenever I fire an MSI-X interrupt from the virtual device
(although I'm not supposed to do so as they're disabled), the guest seems to
correctly receive it. I've started looking at hw/vfio/pci.c and it seems that
VFIO handles MSI-X interrupts there, including masking etc?