qemu-devel.nongnu.org archive mirror
From: "Alex Bennée" <alex.bennee@linaro.org>
To: Aaron Lindsay <aaron@os.amperecomputing.com>
Cc: cota@braap.org, richard.henderson@linaro.org, qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Subject: Re: plugins: Missing Store Exclusive Memory Accesses
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 18:54:20 +0100	[thread overview]

Aaron Lindsay <aaron@os.amperecomputing.com> writes:

> On Sep 22 16:22, Aaron Lindsay wrote:

>> > When I open this up in gdb, I see that I'm getting the following call
>> > graph for the `stxp` instruction in question (for -smp 1):
>> >
>> > gen_store_exclusive -> gen_helper_paired_cmpxchg64_le
>> >
>> > In other words, I'm taking the `s->be_data == MO_LE` else/if clause.
>> >
>> > I do not see where the helper behind that (defined in helper-a64.c as
>> > `uint64_t HELPER(paired_cmpxchg64_le)...`) is calling in to generate
>> > plugin callbacks in this case. Am I missing something?
>>
>> Richard, Alex,
>>
>> The more I look at this, the more it feels like the following
>> AArch64-specific helpers may have been overlooked when adding
>> tracing/plugin hooks:
>> 	gen_helper_paired_cmpxchg64_le
>> 	gen_helper_paired_cmpxchg64_be
>>
>> But... I'm still not sure I fully understand how everything I'm digging
>> into interacts; I am happy to keep investigating and work towards a fix,
>> but think I need a nudge in the right direction.
>
> Ping?
>
> I'm happy to spend some more time digging into this issue, and would
> love to be pointed in the right direction if someone is able!

These all end up in:

      ABI_TYPE ATOMIC_NAME(cmpxchg)(CPUArchState *env, target_ulong addr,
                                    ABI_TYPE cmpv, ABI_TYPE newv,
                                    MemOpIdx oi, uintptr_t retaddr)

Have you got a test case you are using so I can try and replicate the
failure you are seeing? So far by inspection everything looks OK to me.

--
Alex Bennée