qemu-devel.nongnu.org archive mirror
* Problem with trace of x86 binary on x86_64 system with PANDA
@ 2021-07-30 16:15 Nikita Gnilozub-Volobuev
From: Nikita Gnilozub-Volobuev @ 2021-07-30 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello there.

I'm a student and I'm writing my term paper. Part of it is the record
the trace of x86 ELF on x86_64 Linux. For record I use PANDA. And I
stacked with very strange problem: there is no system calls in my trace.
When I see this I was very surprised and make simple grabber of
translation blocks. As I know I must see in that sysenter (0x0F 0x34)
and int 0x80 (0xCD 0x80). But nothing of them was in my blocks. Maybe
trouble is in TCG? How I can test this and proxing system calls through
PANDA for analyze it?
For example what I mean: I have very stupid binary, it's just write
"Hello world" to file. But PANDA can't catch any calls. Even write
although it is clear that this call must be there.

--
With best wishes, Gnilozub-Volobuev N.I.

* Re: Problem with trace of x86 binary on x86_64 system with PANDA
@ 2021-07-30 16:37 ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2021-07-30 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikita Gnilozub-Volobuev; +Cc: QEMU Developers

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 at 17:19, Nikita Gnilozub-Volobuev
<nikitag594@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a student and I'm writing my term paper. Part of it is the record
> the trace of x86 ELF on x86_64 Linux. For record I use PANDA.

Hi; PANDA is based on a fork of an older version of QEMU, with
considerable alterations. You are probably best off asking your
question on a PANDA specific mailing list or forum.

thanks
-- PMM