RadioTap Archive on lore.kernel.org
* radiotap header used in packet injection on monitor mode
@ 2014-01-28  9:51 krama
       [not found] ` <loom.20140128T105036-85-eS7Uydv5nfjZ+VzJOa5vwg@public.gmane.org>
From: krama @ 2014-01-28  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw

Hi,

In our internal tests we make use of monitor mode (on wireshark) for all the
debugging, especially with security related issues (as packets are
already decrypted).

As i am "injecting the packet on to the network" using a "simulator" built
by own (very similar to the file2air) with the help of lorcon library, there
we are setting the radiotap header as 14 bytes and writing the buffer on to
the sockets and sending the frame.

But when the same frame is captured in wireshark is having different header
length. Why is it happening so ?

Is it the problem in setting the radiotap header arguments in lorcon or what.

Thanks & Regards
Krama

* Re: radiotap header used in packet injection on monitor mode
       [not found] ` <loom.20140128T105036-85-eS7Uydv5nfjZ+VzJOa5vwg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-01-28 10:10   ` Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2014-01-28 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: krama; +Cc: radiotap-sUITvd46vNxg9hUCZPvPmw

On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 09:51 +0000, krama wrote:

> As i am "injecting the packet on to the network" using a "simulator" built
> by own (very similar to the file2air) with the help of lorcon library, there
> we are setting the radiotap header as 14 bytes and writing the buffer on to
> the sockets and sending the frame.
>
> But when the same frame is captured in wireshark is having different header
> length. Why is it happening so ?

This is not the right list for such questions, and I see you've already
posted to the Linux list(s) anyway.

johannes