radiotap.netbsd.org archive mirror
* fyi: domains
@ 2020-12-10  5:41 David Young
       [not found] ` <2634cf7d1df09492d5a0e1610e3c0b4ba9cab7d4.camel@sipsolutions.net>
From: David Young @ 2020-12-10  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: radiotap

I renewed radiotap.org for another year.

The disused domains, radiotap.info and radiotap.net, will lapse in 7
days.

Dave

--
David Young
dyoung@pobox.com    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981

* Re: fyi: domains
       [not found]   ` <YcCzEnna1KGiQ1ax@pobox.com>
@ 2021-12-20 18:28     ` Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2021-12-20 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Young, radiotap

On Mon, 2021-12-20 at 10:45 -0600, David Young wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 10:31:13AM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > Hi Dave, all,
> >
> > On Wed, 2020-12-09 at 23:41 -0600, David Young wrote:
> > > I renewed radiotap.org for another year.
> > >

> > Looks like it's been a year now and started being unavailable.
>
> Oops!
>
> I have renewed it, now.  I got mixed up, thinking for some reason that
> radiotap.net was the name we had settled on.  Sorry about that.

Oh, I thought you had released that one entirely.

Not that it would matter much.

> > Should we move off this entirely and just use the radiotap.github.io
> > name instead?
>
> I feel that $18/year for a "freestanding" domain is not a lot to pay for
> some independence from GitHub, should it ever be necessary or desirable
> to change hosting.

Thank you! I tend to agree, be willing to pitch in but I suppose quite
possibly at that low cost it's more expensive to figure out how to share
it...

FWIW, github now says:

   radiotap.org is improperly configured

   Domain does not resolve to the GitHub Pages server. For more
   information, see Learn more (NotServedByPagesError). We recommend you
   add an A record pointed to our IP addresses, or an ALIAS record
   pointing to radiotap.github.io.

Still works for www.radiotap.org, so I guess all is well, and as before,
just that it complains now somehow.

(I didn't even know there was an "ALIAS" record, hah!)

Again, thanks!

johannes