RadioTap Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Simon Barber <simon-vp0mx6+5gkqFX2APIN6yfw@public.gmane.org>
To: Johannes Berg <johannes-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org>,
	David Young <dyoung-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
Cc: radiotap-S783fYmB3Ccdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] capture file timestamping
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 15:48:36 -0700

On 8/25/2015 9:46 AM, Johannes Berg wrote:

>> II. Using the timestamps to place graphic representations of frames
>>      on a timeline
> This is one.
>
> One I ran into recently is that I needed to check the relative timings
> of packets to verify the backoff function was working correctly, which
> is really just very similar to your I-A case.

This is exactly what I was doing when I ran into the current TSFT field
limitations a few years ago. GPL code is here:

https://github.com/parc-wifi/wireshark

I'm working on getting this updated for 11ac now, so revisiting some of
the same issues.

The HT and VHT headers in radiotap are incomplete, and would be much
nicer if they could just include the signal field from the plcp (perhaps
with a mask to indicate parts that are missing). This would be a better
approach for 60GHz I think.

I'd like to display the L-SIG txop protection on the timeline as well.

Simon

  parent reply index