RadioTap Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [RFA] HE addition: TB PPDU bandwidth
@ 2018-12-03 14:14 Johannes Berg
From: Johannes Berg @ 2018-12-03 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: radiotap-S783fYmB3Ccdnm+yROfE0A; +Cc: Richard Sharpe

Trigger-based PPDUs have an additional bandwidth that determines the
spectral mask etc., I forgot those before but now we need to be able to
look at them in a sniffer.

Since we have a few (very few!) reserved bits, change the HE field as
follows:

data 6

0x00e0  (reserved)

0x0020  TB PPDU bandwidth known
0x00c0  TB PPDU bandwidth (bits 24/25 from HE-SIG-A1),
        0: 20 MHz, 1: 40 MHz, 2: 80 MHz, 3: 160 MHz/80+80 MHz

The existing bandwidth field captures only the bandwidth/RU allocation
of the data, which in this case would be the RU allocation for the
captured transmitter, not the bandwidth of the overall transmission(s).

johannes

only message in thread, back to index