regressions.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* Kernel 5.13.6 breaks mmap with snd-hdsp module
@ 2021-08-07  7:49 Jeff Woods
From: Jeff Woods @ 2021-08-07  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: regressions

Specifically, commit c4824ae7db418aee6f50f308a20b832e58e997fd triggers the problem. Reverting this change restores functionality.

The device is an RME Multiface II, using the snd-hdsp driver.

Expected behavior: Device plays sound normally

Exhibited behavior: When a program attempts to open the device, the following ALSA lib error happens:

ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:1169:(snd1_pcm_direct_initialize_slave) slave plugin does not support mmap interleaved or mmap noninterleaved access

This change hasn't affected my other computers with less esoteric hardware, so probably the problem lies with the snd-hdsp driver, but the device is unusable without reverting that commit.

I am available to test any patches for this issue.

Thanks,
J Woods